Friday, May 15, 2009

GENEVA!!!

So...by the time the flight took off, I was already asleep...I mean I woke up after a while and asked papa when the flight would take off, as I had decided to stay awake during that time, and he told me that we had already taken off...then I went back to sleep...I woke up a couple of times to try and watch a few movies, but my eyes just wouldn't stay open...so finally all I did during the flight was sleep and wake up when the meals arrived, and then go back to sleep again...after a couple of hours the flight landed in Amsterdam...we got off and had to go for immigration and security check again so as to board our next flight, which would last for an hour and fifteen minutes...the immigration was crowded, and they had a separate immigration booth (or whatever you call it) for passengers who were going to board a flight in a couple of minutes...I mean if you had waited in the other lines for 35 minutes and were getting late for your flight, there was a separate entrance called short connection, where the immigration and security check would take place at a much faster rate...I don't know about other airports having this sort of system, and hence I am sort of elaborating it...so anyway, they would have probably announced for our flight passengers to go the the short connection line, but our turn came anyway, and we went the normal way...then after security check, we had to go a long way as the gate was far away...we reached for boarding just on time...

Inside this flight, it was as quite as could possibly be, so quiet that we had to converse with each other in whispers...literally...then I dosed off again...the cabin crew came after a while to give us juice, if we wanted, and a packet of two buns, one containing goat cheese and the other I don't know what...I tried the I-don't-know-what-it-contains bun and didn't quite like it very much, so then I tried the other one, the one with the goat cheese, and didn't like that one much either, so I went off to sleep once more...subconsciously I could feel the taste of the second bun in my mouth and decided that I did like it, and so woke up once to tell papa to store it with him so that I could have it later during the day...then slept again...right then it was about early morning by Geneva time...we landed, took a taxi and headed towards the hotel...

So finally I was in Geneva...it seemed to me to be a mixture of some foreign places I had been to...London, Rouen...we arrived at the hotel...it is located next to a church...it isn't exactly a separate building by itself, but a part of a series of buildings located on the side of the roads...anyway, our room is on the fifth floor...and it seems to me that yesterday, as time passed, I started liking it even more and more...the description I would prefer not to give now, as it will take a lot of time, but basically it had all the things needed for a long stay in a new place...two fridges, one big bed and two smaller ones...actually this way i did end up describing it...even things you don't need but like to have, such as a flat screen tv, a dvd player which also plays differently formatted cd's (I tried playing one...), a hairdryer in the bathroom, two mini fridges, one in the main room and one in the mini kitchen which has all the necessary utensils, a microwave...all sorts of things which they do not even provide in big grand hotels...so we started unpacking first, then ate some Maggi with spring rolls and kebabs which ma had go from home, and the juices which we had not had in the flight but had decided to take them along...then a long sleep again...in the evening some people came, you could call them friends of papa...mainly people who had sort of invited him...anyway, the day sort of ended like that...

Today ma and I came along with papa to the institution...they had this documentary about the Swiss Parliament based on a certain issue related to the usage of genetically modified seeds or something like that...basically on how the argument took place...it was all in a different language, which I could not decipher, with French subtitles...so I was also told to watch it and trz to understand the working of the parliament as well as understand the french subtitles that were there...it was okay, I mean I could understand bits and pieces of it, but most of the time I was bored as, first of all, I had got the main idea but could not understand the details, and second of all, because I have not much interest in politics...so anyway, the morning passed by in that manner...then we had lunch with this uncle and aunty Isabelle (who had also come to India a few months back) in the cafeteria...and now I am here in papas office, sitting on the computer...there seems to be something wrong with this keyboard, as, even though papa did get it changed to the U.S. keyboard, the letter y appears when I press the key for the letter z, and vice versa...and the apostrophe key gives the character à, which prohibits me from using the required punctuation mark in places...

So here I am finally, in Geneva, the place I had been looking forward to visiting for a couple of months now...it is good here, and I cannot say very much as I have yet to see the city properly...the weather here is mostly rainy and cold, but I do not mind the rain very much when it is cold...it is supposed to get brighter during the weekend...hope that it turns out to be true...I hope it was not too boring reading this...I wrote merely because simplime asked me to do so and also because I just wanted to write about my till-now visit here...so I hope to continue about my visit here if there is anything worth recounting, which I am sure there will be...

So till then, a bientot!

1 comment:

  1. I really loved your description. Felt like I was right there during the whole journey as you were describing it. Put some pics in this post, it will look much more descriptive :) And keep updating me more...:)

    ReplyDelete